Clare is an experienced Employment Law solicitor, having qualified in 2000. She advises on a wide range of employment matters, acting for both employer/respondent clients and individuals, in particular senior executives.
Her employment law expertise ranges from recruitment to termination and beyond, including drafting and negotiating contractual documentation and staff handbooks; advising on disciplinary and grievance procedures, performance management procedures, severance terms and negotiating settlement agreements; advising on restrictive covenants and confidentiality issues; and dealing with Employment Tribunal claims. She also provides advice in relation to corporate transactions including TUPE matters, and certain business immigration issues.
Her specialities include:
- Employment law
- Employment Tribunals
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Performance management
- Absence management and stress
- Restrictive covenants
- Settlement agreements
Clare is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Clare studied Law at the University of Birmingham, graduating in 1996. She took the Legal Practice Course at the University of Birmingham and, after training at a firm based in Kent and London, qualified as a solicitor in September 2000.
Clare spent a number of years working in a small City firm, and ultimately moved to a major Surrey firm in 2010. Clare joined Peacock & Co in November 2018 and is developing her practice across our Wimbledon and Epsom offices.
- Obtaining a successful result for the client – whatever that amounts to in their particular circumstances
- Successfully achieving a settlement deal for Respondent client just prior to commencement of final Employment Tribunal hearing
- Minimising risk for employer clients by advising on consultation and dismissal procedures, including use of Settlement Agreements
Clare grew up in Gloucestershire, moving to south west London after university. She now lives in Epsom Downs with her husband and two young children. If she had any spare time, she would enjoy going to the cinema, eating out and sampling red wine.