Clare is a consultant solicitor in the Commercial team. She specialises in intellectual property, information technology, e-commerce, data protection, media, advertising and marketing transactions. In addition, she advises businesses on a myriad of general commercial matters.
Clare has worked extensively in-house, in various industries, and has a good understanding of the commercial pressures faced by busy businesses.
Clare qualified as a solicitor in April 2002.
Clare studied Business Law at Bournemouth University, graduating in 1997. She took the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in York and then went on to study at Bristol University for the Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice.
Clare started her career working in the legal team for HSBC Holdings plc, protecting their brand globally. She went on to complete her training contract with the bank.
Clare then specialised in intellectual property law and also advised the bank on e-commerce and IT matters. Clare went on to work in-house for Electronic Arts Limited, advising the business on marketing, online and co-publishing matters.
Clare, worked at Peacock & Co from 2008 for several years before taking a career break to raise her children, and has now re-joined the firm as a consultant solicitor.
- Managing the global portfolio of brands for the HSBC group of companies with respect to registrations, infringements, oppositions and watching services
- Advising Electronic Arts on the legal issues surrounding in-game advertising and user generated content when they first arose in the digital world
- Advising on the implementation of e-commerce legal compliance for the first digital downloads for Electronic Arts Limited as new distribution channels of selling games to consumers
- Drafting, negotiating and advising the Electronic Arts business on substantial co-publishing agreements with third party entertainment software publishers
- The creation of a standard suite of terms and conditions to be used with all the creative design agencies for Electronic Arts
Clare lives in Haslemere, Surrey and enjoys singing world music with the Haslemere Community Choir, gardening, and exploring the South Downs National Park on forest adventures with her two young sons.
“Thank you so much for all of your help, Clare, as well as your patience. You are a real credit to your company.”
“Your work ethic has been great Clare. Really appreciate that.”
“Great! I really appreciate your help and all the work you’ve done. You’ve made it very clear and understandable and really helped us to navigate a difficult and complicated subject. Thank you so much.”
“Thank you so much for your brilliant guidance and help with GDPR – it all seemed to go painlessly which was great. It was also really interesting to get to understand it better.”
“There are many occasions in life that calls for gratitude, and this is one of them. I cannot thank you enough Clare for taking the time in helping this stranger on the other side of the pond – I genuinely appreciate you and your guidance.”
“Fantastic service from Clare Veal after receiving exceptionally poor service from other firms. Prompt and precise in her communication. Would 100% recommend.”