Ben is a partner and head of the Dispute Resolution team. He qualified as a solicitor in 2012, specialising in civil litigation. Ben has a focussed commercial approach to dispute resolution and provides clear practical advice.
Areas of expertise include:
- Contractual disputes, building disputes and consumer rights issues
- Debt recovery and enforcement
- Property disputes, in particular in relation to contentious boundaries but also neighbour disputes generally including advising on Party Wall matters
- Landlord and tenant, in particular commercial leasehold disputes.
Ben is an experienced advocate, regularly representing clients in the County Court.
Ben studied at Winchester College and the University of Edinburgh before attending the College of Law, Guildford where he obtained a distinction in the Legal Practice Course.
Ben trained in Basingstoke, where he qualified in 2012. He joined Peacock & Co in November 2018 and became a partner in May 2021.
Throughout his career, Ben has advised at the Citizens Advice Bureau. As a student he was a regular volunteer for the National Centre for Domestic Violence for which he received recognition in 2009 as a “National Pro Bono Hero”.
- Settling various entrenched and longstanding boundary disputes
- Successfully acting for first time buyers against a market leading construction company
- Obtaining summary judgment in ToLATA proceedings thereby achieving an early result for the client and substantial recovery of costs
- A particularly positive result from boundary dispute that garnered national press interest from The Times, The Daily Mail, The Sun and The Mirror.
Ben is a keen runner, completing the London Marathon in 2013 and 2015 and the Brighton Marathon in 2014.
Ben is an enthusiastic player of all racquet sports, with varying degrees of success.
He speaks conversational French and Spanish and is a fan of most things European.
“Ben Pearson managed a fairly complicated family matter for me last year, covering a wide range of disputes from property to financial transactions. His advice was at all times well measured, prompt and ultimately led to the desired outcome despite being thrown several curveballs along the way and having to deal with some novel issues due to the pandemic. Very reasonable on pricing too. I never felt the need to ask for a detailed cost breakdown as it was very clear that a lot of tangible work was being done in the hours billed. Definitely will be my first port of call in the future should I need anything else. Thanks again.”
Please contact Ben Pearson using the details below:
- Email: [email protected]